How to Softwash a Home
When it comes to cleaning your home, there are a lot of different options out there. Some people choose to go the traditional route and use harsh chemicals and high pressure washers to clean their homes. Others may choose to use eco-friendly alternatives like softwash.
Softwashing is a gentle washing technique that uses low pressure and specific detergents to clean the home without causing any damage. It’s a great option for those who want to clean their homes without using harsh chemicals or putting any unnecessary stress on their home’s exterior.
How to softwash your home
If you’re interested in learning how to softwash your home, here’s what you need to do:
- Start by pressure washing your home with low pressure and using a detergent specifically designed for softwash. This will help loosen up any dirt, grime, or mold that may be built up on your home’s exterior.
- Once you’ve pressure washed your home, it’s time to apply the softwash solution. You can do this with a pump sprayer or a hose-end applicator. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for diluting the solution.
- Allow the softwash solution to dwell on your home’s exterior for the recommended amount of time. This will give it a chance to break down any remaining dirt, grime, or mold.
- Rinse your home with low pressure to remove the softwash solution and any remaining dirt, grime, or mold.
- That’s it! You’ve successfully softwashed your home and given it a thorough cleaning. Your home should now be free of any built-up dirt, grime, or mold.
There are a number of benefits to soft washing a home’s exterior instead of using traditional methods like high pressure washing or eco-friendly alternatives like rainwater harvesting.
Some of the key benefits include:
- Softwash is more gentle than traditional methods like high pressure washing, and it’s less likely to cause any damage to your home’s exterior.
- Softwash is more effective than traditional methods at removing dirt, grime, and mold from your home’s exterior.
- Softwash is a more environmentally-friendly option than traditional methods like high pressure washing, which can use a lot of water and produce harmful runoff.
- Softwash is a faster and more efficient way to clean your home’s exterior than traditional methods.
- Softwash is a more affordable option than traditional methods like high pressure washing.
If you’re interested in learning how to softwash your home, there are a number of resources available to help you. There are many companies that offer soft washing services, and you can also find helpful tips and instructions online.
How often you should softwash your home’s exterior will depend on a few factors, including the type of material your home is made of, the amount of traffic it receives, and the climate conditions in your area. In general, though, softwashing should be done at least once a year to maintain your home’s cleanliness and appearance.
If you live in a coastal area or an area with high humidity, you may need to softwash your home more often than once a year. Likewise, if your home receives a lot of traffic or if it’s made of a particularly porous material, you may need to softwash it more often as well.
If you’re not sure how often you should softwash your home, consult with a professional soft washing company or with your local building department. They should be able to help you determine the right frequency for maintaining your home’s exterior.