10 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Home Power Washing
Home power washing is a great way to clean the exterior of your home. Not only is it more affordable than hiring a professional, but it’s also a great way to get the job done quickly and efficiently. Home power washing can be done with a pressure washer or a garden hose with a pressure nozzle attachment. It is important to use the correct pressure and nozzle setting in order to avoid damaging your home’s exterior. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind in order to get the most out of your home power washing experience.
Home power washing tips:
- Choose the right pressure setting: The pressure setting on your pressure washer or nozzle attachment will determine how much water is released. If you set the pressure too high, you could damage your home’s exterior. Too low, and you won’t be able to remove all the dirt and grime.
- Use the right detergent: Not all detergents are created equal. You’ll want to use a detergent that is specifically designed for pressure washing. This will help to remove tough stains and dirt.
- Be careful with fragile items: If you have any fragile items on your home’s exterior, such as flower pots or decorations, you’ll want to be careful not to damage them. Cover them up or move them out of the way before you start power washing.
- Work from the top down: Start by power washing the uppermost level of your home and work your way down. This will help to prevent streaks from forming.
- Rinse thoroughly: Once you’ve finished power washing, be sure to rinse the area thoroughly. This will remove any remaining detergent and dirt.
- Let the area dry completely: Don’t forget to let the area dry completely before you apply any sealants or paint.
- Avoid using too much pressure: When in doubt, err on the side of using less pressure. You can always apply more pressure if needed, but you can’t undo damage from using too much pressure.
- Move the nozzle in a back and forth motion: When power washing, move the nozzle in a back and forth motion. This will help to remove dirt and grime more effectively.
- Overlap your strokes: Be sure to overlap your strokes when power washing. This will help to ensure that you don’t miss any spots.
- Use protective gear: Always use protective gear, such as gloves and safety glasses, when operating a pressure washer. This will help to protect you from injury.
Following these 10 tips will help you to get the most out of your home power washing experience. By taking the time to do it right, you can avoid damaging your home and end up with a clean, streak-free finish.
If you have any questions about home power washing, or if you need help choosing the right pressure washer or detergent, be sure to ask a professional. They will be able to advise you on the best way to power wash your home, based on your specific needs.